Potato - Paneer Kurma
3 -4 Onions
4 Green Chilly whole
4 Garlic Cloves
Ginger - small piece
1-2 tsp Khus Khus
few Coriander leaves
2-3 green Cardamom
1" stick Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
1 cup Fried Paneer small pieces
1 cup fresh Grated Coconut
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 small size Bay Leaves
2 tsp Butter or ghee
5 -6 Cashewsnuts
1/4 cup fried Gram Dhal
Salt to taste
- Grind Green chilly, garlic, ginger, pepper, khus khus, 1 small onion and few coriander into a fine paste.
- Heat pan add little ghee and fry the cardamom and cinnamon and powder it.
- Extract the milk from the coconut twice and keep both the milk extracts separately.
- Grind the gram dhal and cashews, separately into fine paste.
- Chop the onions into thin long strips.
- Chopped the potatos and the tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, melt the butter or ghee and season with the bay leaves.
- Add the ground chilly - garlic paste and fry well. Sauté the onions little and Add potatoes and fry well, coating the same with the masala paste. Add the 2nd extract of coconut milk and cook until the potatos are tender and cooked .
- Add salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Boil for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook until tender.
- Add the 1st extract of coconut milk, cashew paste, dhal paste and cinnamon - cardamom powder. Simmer for 15 minutes, remove from fire
- Add fried paneer cubes. Mix well and boil over a low flame for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with rice or rodi