AVIYAL is a dish prepared many vegetable.This dish one of south Indian dish,it serve with rice.
vegetables like tomato, brinjal, , cabbage, cauliflower, beetroot ,radish, turnip, onion, sweet potato,Beans,pumpkin,carrot,chow chow,colacasia, yam,raw green mango ,Drumsticks,Raw jackfruit, raw green banana,ash gourd are used.
1 small pieces elephant yam
a small piece pumpkin
4-5 french beans
1 small piece chow chow
2-3 small brinjal
3-4 small piece drum stick
1/4 cup curd
2 pinch of turmeric powder
2 tsp coconut oil
3-5 green chilli whole
few Currey leaves
1/2 cup fresh coconut
1 tsp jeera(cumin seeds)
1/2 tsp rice
- Wash and clean all the vegetable,
- boil colacasia and potatoes and peel the skin and cut in to long thin pieces
- cut all the vegetable in to small pieces
- grind grated coconuts,cumin seeds,green chilli and rice to a paste
- heat a pan or cooker add water use only required quantity of water so that the water should not drained up, bring to boil the water and add all the vegetable expect boiled potatoes and colacasia ,when the vegetable cooked add turmeric powder and salt.not over cooked the vegetable.
- when the vegetable cooked tender add the masala paste to the vegetable and mix well evenly.slow down fire cook the vegetable in a low fire for 5-6 minutes and add the potatoes and colacasia an mix well and remove fire
- heat coconut oil in a pan and add the curry leaves fry the curry leaves and add to the vegetable .remove from fire and add the curd and mix well
- serve with rice