Chow -Chow koodu
1-2 LARGE CHAYOTE(CHOW- CHOW -TAMIL,)
1/4 cup channa dal or Mung dal
1-2 red chili whole
1/2 tsp sambar powder or rasam powder
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
1/4 tsp jeera
few curry leaves
1 green chilli
a pinch of asafoetide
1-2 tsp fresh coconutes.
salt to taste 1 tsp oil
- Peel the skin and cut it in to half and chopped very small pieces.
- Chopped the onions very small pieces.
- Cook the dal in a pressure cooker with little water a pinch of turmeric,until it cooked very soft.
- Heat pan add tsp oil ,add muster seed when they cracked add urad dal,red chilli,green chilli.jeera.a pinch of asafoetide ,chopped onions when onion get brown add curry leaves and chopped chow-chow fry for few minutes and cook the vegetable few minutes when vegetable cooked tender add the cooked dal and salt and sambar powder and little water cook simmer for another few minutes .The curry get thicken,
- servw with rice,Garnish with fresh coconut .
If it is very dilute add 1 tsp rice powder dissolved in a little water and add to the dal and cook for few minutes